Smart Cities & Engineering for Sustainable Architecture
Ce programme enseigné 100 % en anglais se déroule sur 2 à 3 semaines à Paris et à Troyes sur le thème « Smart Cities & Engineering for Sustainable Architecture ».
Les informations sur l'édition 2019 arrivent très prochainement
The program of EPF & ESTP Paris Engineering Summer School comprises 2 modules.
● The first module focuses on topics such as eco-cities and smart cities, city planning, spatial planning and economic issues for sustainable development: 10 days on ESTP Campus in Cachan.
● The second module will focus on practical application using innovative teaching methods and modern technology. Workshops will include topics such as engineering for durable cities and buildings, energy efficiency in buildings, materials and structure for building’s preservation or thermal comfort: 10 days on EPF campus in Troyes.
The 10 days workshop series of module 2 will be based on a real case study suggested by the division of Urban and Sustainable Planning of Troyes.
Troyes is an interesting and enriching town which has kept the French heritage and the charm of a Medieval city. At the same time, Troyes has adapted and renovated its constructions to put the human being at the center of the project to be innovative, resource-efficient, secured and resilient and to embody the City of Tomorrow and be called a Smart city.
All students will take courses of French as a Foreign Language and will participate in cultural visits which will contribute to a perfect understanding of the local social and professional environments. Students will obtain 6 credits (ECTS) for participating in the program.
An evaluation of students will take place at the end of each of the 2 modules.
Among the topics :
- Eco cities/smart cities: on overview of smart cities/projects in Europe
- City planning/spatial planning/architecture for the future
- Economic issues for sustainable development
- Engineering for durable cities and buildings
- Thermal comfort and indoor climate
- Energy efficiency in buildings
- Materials and structure for Building’s preservation
- Professional and cultural events, field trips, the visit of smart buildings, a historic tour of Paris and Troyes city centers will complete the Summer School’s academic program.
Besides the academic courses, the Summer School comprises a cultural program, which will allow students to discover 2 of the most beautiful areas of France: Paris & the Champagne region.
Students will discover the splendid cultural heritage of France’s capital city, Paris, hosting many significant companies in the field of smart engineering and sustainable architecture. Needless to say, students will also enjoy the Parisian world renowned cultural life including world famous theatres, museums, opera houses etc.
Students will also have the chance to discover the wonderful medieval city of Troyes and visit the Champagne vineyards in the Champagne-Ardennes region.
Cultural visits and field trips may include:
- Cité de l’architecture et du patrimoine, Paris (Museum for Architecture and Cultural Heritage)
- Bateaux mouches cruise on the Seine river
- Visit of Troyes medieval City center, organized by the Urban and Sustainable Planning Department of Troyes’ City Hall
- Visit of a Champagne vineyard in the Champagne-Ardennes region
- Theater night-out
Our campuses :
- ESTP Paris campus is located in Cachan (minutes away from the center of Paris by subway) on a seven hectare green land where teaching and research activities are organized. Students life is energizing since students may benefit from sports facilities, a residence, and a restaurant on the premises.
- Troyes is a medieval city, just an hour and a half from Paris by train. Troyes is the historic Capital of Champagne, the nearest vineyard is only about ten kilometres.
The Summer Program is designed for advanced undergraduate students with a major in Engineering or Architecture. Students should have a good level in English. Students should have accomplished a minimum of 2 years in Higher Education in the relevant fields.
Applications from students in other fields of study may be considered.
The program fee is 2.500 euros for 3 weeks
It covers :
- Tuition and documentation
- Lodging expenses for 3 weeks
- Welcome and farewell events
- Access to campus facilities
- Free internet access
- Official program certificate
- Cultural and social events
- Transfers from Sceaux/Cachan Campuses to Troyes Campus.
It does not include :
- Living expenses
- Individual insurances
- Visa fees
For students coming from EPF and ESTP Paris partner universities, a special partner fee of 2.250 euros may apply. A group discount may be awarded.
Early applications are encouraged.
A down payment of 250€ will be required before March 1st in order to secure the registration and will be retained in case of cancellation. If the payment is made by March 1st, a 10% discount will be applied to the Summer School tuition fee. The remainder will be billed after receiving the down payment and registered students will have until June 15th to confirm with their payment in full.
Pour plus d'information, merci de contacter :