Head of publication
Joël Cuny, Chief Executive of ESTP
The www.estp.fr website is published by the Ecole Spéciale des Travaux Publics, du Bâtiment et de l’Industrie (Association under the 1901 Act).
28 avenue du Président Wilson, 94234 Cachan Cedex
Tel.: +33 1 49 08 56 50
Fax.: +33 1 45 47 60 39
Website layout: ESTP and Softeam Digital
Multimedia documents: ESTP, except rights reserved indicated
Charte de bon usage des moyens informatiques de l'ESTP | 2023 2024 (Annexe 1 au règlement intérieur de la formation initiale)
⚫ Déclaration de la politique Responsabilité sociétale et environnementale | Charte RSE de ESTP
ESTP is committed to complying with and protecting the personal data of its Internet users.
The purpose of this policy is to transparently set out the rules applicable to personal data processing operations carried out by ESTP, to oversee compliance of personal data processing operations and to ensure that data subjects’ rights are respected during use of the www.estp.fr website and any secure data collection or entry platforms by ESTP departments and external hosts. All of the above is set out in this document titled “ESTP Websites”.
This Data Protection Policy may be modified based on legal and regulatory changes or based on the recommendations issued by the Data Protection Authority (“Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés”/ CNIL).
What is personal data?
Personal data is data that directly or indirectly identifies a natural person. For example, a person may be directly identified when their surname and first name are listed on a file, i.e., a dataset that is organised in a structured manner. Similarly, an individual may be identified when a file contains information that enables them to be indirectly identified (e.g., registration no., telephone no., etc.).
Such data may also contain information on you based on your browsing history on a website, and notably information relating to use of the website, such as pages visited and services accessed, your IP address, the type of browser used, your access time, etc.
Such information must be processed and stored in compliance with legal and regulatory provisions on personal data protection.
ESTP is a private higher education institution created with the legal status of an association under the Act of 1 July 1901 (published in the Official Journal of 2 July 1901) and its implementing Decree of 16 August 1901, registered under SIRET (company registration) No 325 002 111 00012, and whose registered office is located at 28 avenue du Président Wilson in Cachan (94230).
ESTP is the data controller for such data and, as such, determines the processing purposes and means implemented through its “ESTP Websites”.
Purpose of the processing: why do we use your personal data?
Generally speaking, you may visit our “ESTP Websites” without needing to disclose your identity or provide us with your personal data. However, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data, with the most confidential data being collected using secure access.
Processing carried out based on the performance of a public interest mission
We process your requests for information in order to meet your course-related and advisory needs. We monitor the careers of our graduates, community, ESTP partners, etc., for the purposes of posting testimonials and interviews with ESTP community members (alumni, institutional partners and companies, etc.).
Processing carried out based on your consent
If you have agreed to the use of your personal data for these purposes by granting your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Processing carried out based on ESTP’ legitimate interests
This refers to processing necessary to ensure the operation and security of our websites, to conduct satisfaction surveys, generate statistics, to share news, academic works, and more generally, ESTP’ knowledge with the users of the “ESTP Websites”.
Processing carried out based on ESTP’ legal requirements
The legal basis on which your personal data are processed is your consent (Article 6.1 of the General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR).
Certain data collected via our secure areas are essential to ESTP’ administrative and legal processing tasks pursuant to the object of its articles of association.
Categories of data subjects concerned by processing operations
All users, i.e., all internet users browsing or visiting our “ESTP Websites” are subject to personal data processing.
The data processing carried out by ESTP generally concerns:
- Learners (students, apprentices and trainees);
- Doctoral students;
- Research project participants;
- Administrative staff;
- Guests and external lecturers;
- Internet users browsing the “ESTP Websites”;
- Third parties (subcontractors or partners) involved in ESTP’ general interest missions;
Data recipients or categories of data recipients
In view of the purpose of these processing operations, the data processed on the “ESTP Websites” are intended for:
- ESTP’ internal departments and are not transferred to third parties. They are required to ensure the website’s proper operation and the proper performance of processing operations carried out by ESTP. They are only accessible to authorised persons.
- ESTP service providers acting on its behalf and instructions (hosts, training platforms, external data processing platforms, etc.).
- Public authorities or other authorised third parties (judicial authorities, public bodies) where ESTP is required to disclose such data pursuant to its legal or reporting obligations and where such disclosure is lawful pursuant to applicable law.
Data retention period
ESTP ensures that it stores personal data in compliance with provisions in force or for the duration necessary to meet the purposes of the processing carried out and by taking applicable legal provisions into account and enforcing a specific retention period for certain categories of data, applicable limitation periods and CNIL recommendations.
Data retention periods are defined by ESTP in view of legal and contractual requirements incumbent upon it and, failing such, based on its needs:
- Data relating to the traceability of access to “ESTP Websites” (audience measurement): data stored for a maximum period of 2 years;
- Personal data collected through the contact form: data stored for a period of 1 year as from your contact request if no follow-up is made;
- Data used in the context of institutional training, scientific research and documentary missions in the public interest, whether collected or generated by the School: these are stored and updated using ESTP’ various management tools in compliance with the duration of administrative use and legal limitation periods;
- Data used for research purposes are stored until the end of the research project or its publication and are subsequently archived in compliance with data protection, confidentiality, and any data access restriction principles.
Upon expiry of these retention periods, your data are securely and manually erased. Upon erasure, an erasure report is drafted.
Data subjects’ rights
Pursuant to the provision of Act no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 amended, any person the subject of personal data processing may exercise its right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction, portability and to object to processing, and to draft advance directives on how to handle their data after their death.
- Right of access: you are entitled to ask ESTP directly to access your personal data, without any prior justification. All users are entitled to access the data retrieved by contacting the department in charge of data protection;
- Right to rectify your personal data: in the event your personal data are processed, ESTP takes all appropriate measures to ensure the accuracy of your data and that they are updated in light of the purposes for which they were collected. If some of your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have them rectified;
- Right to erasure of your personal data: under certain specific circumstances, you are entitled to ask for your personal data to be erased. This right to erasure may be exercised by data subjects when your data:
- Are used for marketing purposes;
- Are no longer necessary in light of the objectives for which they were initially collected or processed;
- Are illegally processed;
- Must be erased to comply with a legal obligation;
- Right to portability: you have the ability to retrieve some of your personal data in an open and readable format in order to re-use them for personal purposes:
- Right to object or right to withdraw consent: you are entitled to object to the processing of your data at any time. However, this right to object does not equate to a right to have your data simply and permanently erased. Thus, your request to object will not be granted if:
- There is one or more legitimate and compelling reasons to continue to process your data;
- Your data are required to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- A legal obligation requires that your data be stored.
Contact details for all inquiries relating to the exercise of your rights:
We remind you that you have the right to lodge a claim with the supervisory authority, the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL).
Cnil – Service des plaintes
3 Place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07
Tel.: 01 53 73 22 22
For more information on the exercise of your rights, see https://www.cnil.fr/fr/comprendre-vos-droits.
Contact details and Data Protection Officer (DPO)
ESTP has appointed a Data Protection Officer or “DPO”.
- Email: email@example.com
For the attention of the DPO
28, avenue du Président Wilson
94234 Cachan cedex